l’Ecole Provinciale des Métiers, the Provincial Trade School, built in 1926 and abandoned in 2007.
This huge complex of classrooms and dorms, all connected by long hallways was originally meant to teach children with a small mental disability a trade, ranging from farmer to shoemaker and basket maker. Over time the school expanded its courses towards a modern technical school with classes like metalworking, carpenter, printing works, etc. The buildings were classified as national heritage, making renovation and expansion very strictly regulated and time consuming. Therefor most building where outdated for a modern school and gradually the place was abandoned. By its closure in 2007 there where a total of 175 students who all move to a new location.
Leave a Reply